Sunday, August 31, 2008

My Next Adventure

Retail is going to be an adventure for me. The Walgreen's I work at just opened up on Friday and I have already witnessed my first CRAZY customer. We are trained to ask every customer if we can help them in any way when we see them. When I am out of my department (cosmetics, bitches!) I usually just say hello because I know that someone has probably already done this and there is no need to be redundant. My area, however is my area. So a woman walks in and, of course, I greet her and ask her if there is anything I can help her find. She bites my head off in an I-just-smoked-a-carton-of-butts voice and says "no, if there was I would ask you!". She continues with her rant to her husband/boyfriend/companion who was mortified. She continued to have a fit the whole time she shopped and told the woman at the front that Walgreen's doesn't support the military and that she would never be back. I am sure we will be seeing her soon enough. I hope we don't but I know that if it's not her, it will be someone else. So far, I am really enjoying my job. The last two weeks have been a lot of hard work to set up the store but I really think I am going to like it. I deserve a job that is good for me! It has been too long since I have had a job I like so I figure even crazy people are not going to bring me down. I have a great boss, interesting co-workers and full time hours. It just has to be good goddammit! So next time you visit the Green (what I am calling it so I don't keep saying wal mart!), remember, we are just trying to be friendly and do our job. A simple "no" will work if you would just like to browse. No need to flip out on the help!

3 comments:

Brown said...

Glad you've found something you like! Good luck.

Dirty Kat Box said...

I am so confused why this lady decided to go off on you? Is that true about the green not supporting troops/war? They say that about TARG too.

Carianne said...

She asked for a military discount (although I can only imagine how someone THAT crazy got into the army) and when we told her that we didn't have a discount she went off saying that she would never be back because they don't support the military. Makes perfect sense to me!