Thursday, October 16, 2008

Turning into a pumpkin before your very eyes

This is probably the shortest and least coherent blog I will ever write. I am going into surgery #8 in seven or so hours. I will be short because of two things. One, my time of cut off is inching closer. I only have six more minutes until Ican't eat or drink anything and I have no intention on being up for any of that. It will be incoherent because the insurance policy I used to make sure I wasn't awake (ambien) has punched me in the face and I feel a little drunk off of it.
I have no intention on any sort of a creepy last anything. No friggin way. I will not reflect on my life in any way except to say that I love my life. I just wanted to let everyone know that I am freaking out. Like, a lot. I have had mini panic attacks all day (or week for that matter) about tiny details of the day. It has been torture. I know I will be fine. I know this. I know that I will be in a lot of pain and I have to accept that. I just can't believe that I have to get up in a matter of (short) hours and soon after that someone is going to cut me open. again. I will be fine. I look at it like this: I only have a few more hours to worry about it. Its almost over. I would love thoughts and, if you choose, prayers. Thats all I can ask for.
I hope I didn't rattle on too long and stupidly. It's what I needed to do. I feel a tiny bit better. I hope you do too. Thanks for reading. It means you care. Does it get any better than that?

4 comments:

Dirty Kat Box said...

YOu will keep on rocking in the free world!

Adirondack Explorer said...

I said a prayer for you!

Mama Mia said...

thinking of you...

Anonymous said...

you did it baby!!!! You are my brave little soldier and I'm SO proud of you. I love the daylights out of you!!!